When confronted with advanced cancer
Helping Choose the Right Drugs for Your Cancer Treatment
chemo-scale™ is an analysis of tumor cells to provide drug efficacy and resistance guidance for chemotherapy. With chemo-scale™ analysis, we minimize the risks of therapy failure for the patient – saving money, reducing ‘trial and error’, and most importantly, intensifying the attack of cancer, not the patient.
- Cancer is a highly heterogenous disease which has unique properties and differs in every patient and hence every patient responds differently to the same chemotherapy regimen.
- The chemo-scale™ approach directly tests the effect of chemotherapy/anti-cancer drugs on the patient’s tumor cells. It helps to customise the treatment plan according to the sensitivity and resistance pattern of tumor cells.
- When armed with this information, the physician and the patient can choose the most effective chemotherapy from all available options.
- chemo-scale™ is the personalisation of chemotherapy by directly studying the effect of chemotherapy drugs on cells taken from a fresh biopsy sample of the tumor or Circulating Tumor Associated Cells (C-TACs) isolated from peripheral blood.
The Advantage of chemo-scale™
- Analysis is carried out for single drug and additional drug combinations on request.
- It reveals cytotoxic chemotherapy drug effect on patient’s tumor cells.
- It also reveals the hierarchy of these drug choices in descending order of cell death (%).
Non-invasive, in vitro chemosensitivity on Circulating Tumor-Associated Cells (C-TACs) or tumor cells isolated from a fresh biopsy sample to evaluate Response / Resistance to chemotherapy drugs.
All patients who have been advised chemotherapy at any stage of the disease.
C-TACs from peripheral blood are isolated and tested in vitro to observe comparative cell death when exposed to calibrated doses of cytotoxic drugs.
Want to delve a little deeper?
If you have questions or would like to know more about test performance, download the brochure.